Monday, March 3, 2014

A journey about to begin...

It was only a few years ago that I was sitting in an apartment building in Romania reflecting on the previous months' experiences and how my life had changed because of the people I had met, the children I had worked with and the culture I grew to love.

Now, a few years later, I will be traveling a bit further than Eastern Europe. I will be going to work in Uganda as a Country Director for the summer months. I have yet to imagine the experiences, challenges and joys that lie ahead. As a student in the MPA program, I have had the opportunity to be exposed to the workings of the public and nonprofit sector. I finally feel that my desire to serve, my education and my skillset are now aligning to where I can pursue an area that I feel strongly about. 

I am so excited to get on the ground in Africa and begin working. The field of international development is one that is continuously being studied. I know that we will not be able to completely alleviate poverty in the villages where we work. However, we are going to do everything in our power to make a positive, lasting change. 

So, another 7 weeks and you will hear from me...in Africa. 

No comments:

Post a Comment